Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Baggage (the good kind)

I have really been crushing on vintage trunks and suitcases lately! There is something so simple and charming about these little guys that I love and the fact that they all have a hidden story within them of where they've traveled, what places they've seen, and who has carried them along the way!

Over the weekend I went to an Antique Show about 30 miles away and I found this steamer trunk and just had to take it home with me! I actually bought it for Destin (my boyfriend) because he has really been eyeing them, but I knew he would share (shhh)!

I'm thinking about starting a collection...

I could stack a few alongside my bed like these.

Or in the hallway like this.

I could add legs to one and make it into an end table.

On top of a rug as a coffee table?

or perhaps like this to hold spirits?

Now I only need about 10 more! What do you think about using these multifunctional pieces of luggage throughout the home?

2 comments:

  1. my mom collects luggage! i need to take you to some flea markets in texarkana...you would die from all the luggage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. make a button so i can put it on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete